Re-envisioning radiation therapy: the future is now. Learn the benefits our customers and patients who are treated on the MRIdian system receive.
Click on the image or headline below to view a news item.
Filter by Institution
Hoag - Newport Beach, CA - 4 minutes
The ViewRay MRIdian™ linear accelerator is the most advanced radiation oncology tool available. Through the generosity of community donors Dean and Gerda Koontz, Hoag was the second in California to acquire the MRIdian, and 16th in the nation. Hoag is the first and only center in Orange County to offer this advanced radiation oncology. Learn more!
UCLA Health, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center - Los Angeles, CA - 1 minutes
MDs: Dr. Amar Kishan
When Dan Howe discovered a recurrence with his prostate cancer, he enrolled in a clinical trial at UCLA Health’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center for treatment using new technology. The MRIdian LINAC allows for more precise imaging and control of cancer radiation and allowed for a shorter treatment for Dan’s cancer.
February 2, 2021
GenesisCare Oxford - Oxford, U.K. - 2:46 minutes
MDs: Dr. Philip Camilleri
BBC news story sharing the experience of GenesisCare Oxford’s first NHS Compassionate Access Programme patient as he talks to BBC South Today about the advantages of being treaded with MRIdian radiotherapy, which the programme provides without cost, to NHS patients with localised pancreatic cancer.
September 15, 2020
Providence Cancer Institute - Portland, OR - 2:!4 minutes
MDs: Kristina Young, MD
KPTV Health Watch news story about groundbreaking MR-Linac cancer radiation technology at Providence Cancer Institute in Portland, Oregon, featuring Dr. Kristina Young explaining the machine’s ability to treat tumors with pinpoint accuracy.
May 26, 2020
Herbert-Herman Cancer Center | Sparrow Health System - Lansing, MI - :01 minutes
Producer: Sparrow Health System
For the first time ever, the ViewRay MRIdian allows the radiation oncologist to see a live image of the tumor while it is being treated. This allows us to more precisely treat the tumor with higher doses and spare the healthy tissue. Learn more at SparrowCancer.org.
March 4, 2020
Sparrow Health System
Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center - Boston, MA - 2:20 minutes
MDs: Joseph D. Mancias, MD, PhD
Producer: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Dana Farber is joining two ongoing national clinical trials testing raised radiation levels for pancreatic cancer patients
- Dana Farber is the first center in New England to offer cancer patients MRI-guided radiation therapy
- Evaluating the delivery of higher doses of radiation to the tumor with millimeter accuracy while avoiding damage to surrounding healthy tissue
January 24, 2020
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
McGlinn Cancer Institute at Reading Hospital | Tower Heath - West Reading, PA - 1:00 minutes
MDs: Michael Haas, MD
Producer: Tower Health
- This technology can actually decrease the number of treatments that a patient will need to go through
- Automatic beam gating allows you to stop the treatment if the target moves outside or if a structure we want to avoid moves into the treatment area
- Allows you to visualize the tumor throughout the entire treatment process
January 21, 2020
Reading Hospital - Tower Health
GenesisCare Oxford - Oxford, U.K. - 1:18 minutes
Watch as the very first MRIdian is installed at GenesisCare – Oxford. For the first time, cancer patients in the UK now have access to world-leading MRIdian adaptive radiotherapy treatment.
December 19, 2019
Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida - Miami, FL - 3:31 minutes
MDs: Dr. Michael Chuong, MD
Producer: Miami Cancer Institute at Baptist Health South Florida
- Able to continuously monitor the position of the tumor during treatment
- Automatic beam gating minimizes damage to surrounding healthy tissue
- Allows for the ability to modify treatment while on the table
October 31, 2019
Baptist Health SF
Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Cottage - Detroit, MI - minutes
The opinions and clinical experiences presented herein are specific to the featured physicians and the featured patients and are for information purposes only. Nothing in this material is intended to provide specific medical advice or to take the place of written law or regulations.